Here is our current weather forecast for India
Nationwide 5-day forecast
On Tuesday morning, a cyclonic circulation will form over the east-central Arabian Sea and adjacent to the southeastern Arabian Sea off the coast of Karnataka, resulting in the formation of a low pressure area (LPA) over the northern Andaman Sea. This low is likely to move west-northwest and intensify into a well-marked LPA. Under his influence, South India will experience fairly extensive to widespread rainfalls with occasional heavy showers and thunderstorms from Wednesday. Heavy to very heavy rains are possible over a few places in Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu on Wednesday and Thursday.
Meanwhile, a cyclonic circulation is observed over the east-central Arabian Sea and adjacent to the southeastern Arabian Sea off the coast of Karnataka on Tuesday morning. As a result, there will be fairly widespread to widespread rains in southern India, with isolated heavy showers and thunderstorms, while Maharashtra and Goa will experience isolated rains and thunderstorms during this period.
As far as mercury levels are concerned, the maximum temperatures during this period in the western Himalayan region and northeastern India are above average. Maximum temperatures are lower on Thursday and Friday over southern Rajasthan, Gujarat and Andhra Pradesh. Other areas are a little warmer than average or almost normal during this time. Lows are higher than average across India, but lower or near normal in Rajasthan and neighboring areas on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
2-day regional forecast
- Heavy rains are predicted over isolated parts of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Goa, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Widespread rainfall and thunderstorms are likely over Karnataka, Kerala, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Quite extensive rainfall and thunderstorms are expected over Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated showers and thunderstorms are likely over Maharashtra, Goa and Telangana.
- Occasional rains and thunderstorms are possible over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, West Bengal, Odisha and Chhattisgarh.
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall can be expected over isolated locations in Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
- Heavy showers are expected over isolated locations in Karnataka.
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms can be expected over Karnataka and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Quite extensive rainfall and thunderstorms are possible over Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Isolated showers and thunderstorms are forecast over Maharashtra, Goa and Lakshadweep.
- Over Odisha, west of Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Chhattisgarh, isolated rainfalls and thunderstorms are possible.
Download for weather, science, and COVID-19 updates on the go The weather channel app (in the Android and iOS store). It’s free!