Here is our current weather forecast for India
Nationwide 5-day forecast
A trough in the easterly winds running from the southwest of the Bay of Bengal to the central parts of the Bay of Bengal will bring fairly widespread rain with localized thunderstorms in the eastern areas of the southern peninsula on Thursday. In isolated places in Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh, heavy rainfalls are possible at short notice.
In the north, a western fault will produce snow over the Trans-Himalayas by Thursday night.
After the WD moves eastward, north winds with cold air will cover the northern region and therefore these areas will be cooler than average for the next few days. The cold trend will continue for a while and will likely spread to the Central and East regions from Friday.
Night temperatures will also become a cold trend from this weekend; Many of the northern, central, and eastern areas of the country could see their mercury levels in the single digits. The IMD has forecast a drop in minimum temperatures of 2-4 ° C in most parts of northwest, west and central India
Meanwhile, light to moderate fog is forecast for the morning hours in some flat areas in the northeast and east for the next few days. For the next two days, thick fog is possible in isolated spots in the northeastern region.
2-day regional forecast
- Over Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Kerala, fairly extensive rainfall with localized thunderstorms can be expected.
- Isolated rainfalls with isolated thunderstorms are expected over Odisha.
- Isolated snow is predicted over Ladakh.
- Occasional rain is possible over Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Karnataka and Lakshadweep.
- The forecast for the rest of the country was mainly dry.
- In isolated places in the northeast, West Bengal and Bihar, light to moderate fog is possible in the morning hours.
- Isolated rainfalls with isolated thunderstorms are expected over Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Occasional rain is possible over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, NMMT, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Lakshadweep.
- For the rest of the country, mostly dry weather is forecast.
- In isolated places in the northeastern region, light to moderate fog was forecast in the morning hours.
For weather, science and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The weather channel app (in the Android and iOS store). It’s free!