Here is our current weather forecast for India
Nationwide 5-day forecast
Strong northeast winds at lower elevations over the coast of Tamilnadu and the adjacent south coast of Andhra Pradesh and a cyclonic circulation over the southwestern Gulf of Bengal off the Sri Lankan coast in the mid-troposphere will lead to some precipitation activity, according to the India Meteorological Department (IMD) .
Under the influence of the system, Tamilnadu, Puducherry & Karaikal and the adjoining southern Andhra Pradesh will experience sporadic to fairly extensive rainfall in the next two days and then decrease.
The Tamil Nadu coast is likely to experience isolated thunderstorms and showers through Monday after peaking between Friday and Saturday.
The IMD has issued an orange warning via Tamil Nadu and Puducherry so that people are “prepared” for the heavy rains and thunderstorms.
In the meantime, the western Himalayan region will be affected by a western disruption from January 1, 2022. It will be a forerunner to a more powerful one starting January 4th; The 4-day snow accumulation from Saturday morning to Wednesday morning is estimated to be 50 cm. In Ladakh, in the north of Jammu & Kashmir and in the north of Himachal Pradesh a local snow accumulation of about 150 cm is expected.
As for mercury levels, Friday maximum temperatures in east Rajasthan and north Madhya Pradesh will be 4 ° C to 8 ° C cooler than normal. This cooler trend will continue throughout the central highlands through next week as it wears off. Overnight minimums will be average or warmer than normal in much of the country. The exception will be some spots in Rajasthan and the surrounding area, where cooler minimums are possible on Friday evening and Saturday evening.
2-day regional forecast
- Rains and thunderstorms can be expected to be fairly widespread over Tamil Nadu.
- Isolated showers and thunderstorms are predicted over Andhra Pradesh.
- Occasional rain / snow and thunderstorms are expected over Arunachal Pradesh.
- Over Assam, Meghalaya, Kerala, Karnataka, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep, occasional precipitation with thunderstorms is possible.
- Thick fog is likely over isolated regions in central, east, and northeast India.
- Rather extensive rainfall and thunderstorms are forecast over Tamil Nadu.
- Isolated rain / snow and thunderstorms are likely over Ladakh, Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
- Isolated rainfalls and thunderstorms are expected over Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands as well as Lakshadweep.
- Fog is likely to be thick over isolated locations in central, east, and north-east India.
For weather, science and COVID-19 updates on the go, download The weather channel app (in the Android and iOS store). It’s free!