Colonels welcome Eastern Illinois Monday in EKU Hoops invitation presented by Geneva Financial
Last season, the Colonels won a 69-61 victory in Richmond and beat Eastern Illinois 93-85 in overtime in Charleston.
RICHMOND, Ky. –The EKU Hoops Invitational presented by Geneva Financial continues Monday when Eastern Kentucky hosts Eastern Illinois.
The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. and will be broadcast live on ESPN +. Live radio broadcast of the game is available in the Richmond area on WCYO 100.7 FM and can be streamed worldwide on EKUSports.com.
The EKU Hoops Invitational presented by Geneva Financial ends Wednesday when Eastern Illinois and the University of Albany meet at noon. The Colonels beat UAlbany, 77-64, in the EKU Hoops Invitational opener on Saturday.
“I am delighted to be a part of this tournament,” said Alex Milburn, branch manager of Geneva Financial Kentucky. “Eastern Kentucky and the basketball team here are a great passion for me and I am honored to be able to get involved.”
INSIDE THE SERIES
– EKU leads the all-time series with Eastern Illinois, 26-18, and has four straight wins over the Panthers.
–Last season, the Colonels won a 69-61 victory in Richmond and beat Eastern Illinois 93-85 in overtime in Charleston.
– EKU sent the University of Albany by 13 on Saturday to move to 4-1 this season.
– Michel Moreno finished with 15 points and seven rebounds against UAlbany. He is third in ASUN for rebounds (8.4 rpg) and 12th for scorers (13 ppg).
– Devontae Blanton has awarded five career assists against the Great Danes. He now leads the team and is 10th in the conference with 3.4 assists per game.
– EKU overtook UAlbany by eight. Of the colonels’ 40 rebounds, 12 came out of the offensive glass. Eastern Kentucky is second in ASUN with an average of 13 offensive rebounds per game.
– Eastern Kentucky is first in ASUN and fourth in the country, in 3 points per game (12.6).
– After blocking his first three shots of the season against James Madison, Jannson williams blocked four more against UAlbany. He is now third in ASUN with 1.75 blocks per game.
– Williams, a transfer from Marshall, is 15 points away from scoring his 1,000th point as a college basketball player.
SEARCH FOR THE OPPONENT
– Eastern Illinois is 1-3 this season. The Panthers started the season with losses to Northwestern (80-56), Saint Louis (86-44) and Central Michigan (62-61). On Thursday, EIU eliminated Rockford 96-64.
– Sammy Friday IV is the team’s leading scorer with 12.7 points per game. The 6-foot-9 forward has managed 79 percent of his shots from the field (15 for 19) and is conceding 4.7 rebounds per game.
– Rodolfo Rufino Bolis, a 6-foot-7-inch freshman forward, is the team’s top rebounder with 6.5 rebounds per game. He is fourth on the team with 9.3 points per game. Jermaine Hamlin, a 6-foot-10 junior forward, had 14 blocked shots in four games for an average of 3.5 per game.
– Friday scored 21 points and seven rebounds in the win over Rockford. Kejuan Clements, a 6-foot-2 goaltender, had 12 points, seven assists, five rebounds and two blocks.
– As a team, Eastern Illinois is averaging 64.3 points per game and allowing 73 points per game. The Panthers were 42.5% of their shots from the field and 32.1% from long distance.
– Opponents of the EIU shoot 42.1% on the field. Eastern Illinois spins the ball an average of 18 times per game.
About GenÃ¨ve FinanciÃ¨re
Founded in 2007 by Aaron VanTrojen, Geneva Financial (NMLS 42056) is a direct mortgage lender headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, with more than 130 branches in 46 states. Our mission at Geneva Financial is to approach every aspect of our business from the inside out. With a forward-thinking mindset, we focus on our loan originators and support staff first to ensure an unbeatable experience for our clients.
Our core values ââwere created as a daily reminder to operate with the inside-out approach in mind. Core Value # 1 is the backbone of all of our core values, mission and brand vision: Home Loans Powered by HumansÂ®.