Dry and wet thunderstorms in Wyoming could begin Thursday afternoon; 60% chance of rain on Casper Mountain Friday

(Shutterstock)

CASPER, Wyo — Western and central Wyoming could see some thunderstorms with possible strong gusts of wind Thursday afternoon, according to the Riverton-based National Weather Service.

Scattered afternoon and night thunderstorms are possible across the area, and southern Wyoming could see some dry thunderstorms Thursday afternoon. There is a 20% chance of showers and thunderstorms in Casper on Thursday after 5:00 PM.

Friday has a chance of showers and thunderstorms across most of western and central Wyoming, with a 50% chance at Casper and a 60% chance at Casper Mountain, the NWS in Riverton forecasts. Casper is expected to peak near 80 degrees on Friday. On Friday evening there is a 40% chance of showers in Casper and a 50% chance on the mountain.

According to NWS in Riverton, Saturday in Casper is expected to be cooler with a high of almost 70 degrees. The high is expected to rise to nearly 75 degrees on Sunday and near 83 degrees on Monday. The warming trend is expected to continue with highs near 90 and 91 degrees on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms return to Casper on Wednesday.

Additional forecast information is available from the NWS in Riverton.

About Mike Crayton

Check Also

A few thunderstorms are expected on Thursday

Saco’s summer sky Bangor Daily News File Photo Lightning strikes Old Orchard Beach in this …