Here is our current weather forecast for India
Nationwide 5-day forecast
A cyclonic circulation west of Karnataka is moving northeast to bring heavy to very heavy rainfall over the coasts of Gujarat and Maharashtra from Wednesday through Thursday, with a peak on Wednesday. A total precipitation accumulation of 100-120 mm is expected.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has issued an orange warning over Gujarat, Madhya Maharashtra, Konkan and Goa to warn people to prepare for heavy rainfall, thunderstorms and strong surface winds.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are also on alert. This is because a low pressure area over the central parts of the Andaman Sea will bring very heavy to extremely heavy rainfall across the Andaman and Nicobar Islands from Wednesday through Thursday, with a total rainfall of 100-150mm. This depression is expected to develop into a depression by Thursday. It will continue to intensify into a cyclonic storm through Friday as it moves west-northwest across the Bay of Bengal and hits near the northern shores of Andhra Pradesh-Odisha around Saturday morning.
The anticipated cyclone is expected to cause heavy to very heavy rainfall. On the entire coast, which stretches from Andhra Pradesh, Odisha to Gangetic West Bengal, a total rainfall of 150-200 mm is expected over the weekend. On the coasts of Andhra Pradesh Odisha, gusts of wind at a speed of 60-70 km / h are observed this weekend.
Meanwhile, a western disruption on Thursday will cause heavy rainfall or snow in parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Another disruption in the west will affect these regions over the weekend.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures in Gujarat, West Madhya Pradesh and adjacent areas will be well below normal on Wednesday and Thursday. On the other hand, readings this week in the western Himalayan region and northeastern India will rise well above normal. The lowest temperatures across the subcontinent will be well above normal this week, with significantly warmer nights in the western Himalayan region and northeastern India.
2-day regional forecast
- Extremely heavy rains are expected over parts of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, very heavy rains over parts of the Gujarat, Konkan and Madhya Maharashtra region, and heavy rains over parts of Saurashtra and Kutch.
- Widespread rains with thunderstorms are likely over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Gujarat, Konkan and Goa, and Madhya Maharashtra.
- Over Saurashtra & Kutch, Kerala & Mahe and Lakshadweep, fairly extensive rains with thunderstorms are forecast.
- Occasional showers with thunderstorms are possible over Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rayalaseema, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry & Karaikal, Karnataka.
- Over Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Marathawada and Coastal Andhra Pradesh & Yanam, isolated precipitation with thunderstorms is forecast.
- Heavy rain / snow is forecast over parts of Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Heavy rain is expected over parts of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, eastern Rajasthan, western Madhya Pradesh, the Gujarat region and Madhya Maharashtra.
- Widespread precipitation with thunderstorms is predicted over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Expect fairly widespread rain / snow with thunderstorms over Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
- Over East Rajasthan, Konkan & Goa, Madhya Maharashtra and Kerala & Mahe, fairly extensive rains with thunderstorms are forecast.
- Occasional showers with thunderstorms are possible over West Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Marathawada, Karnataka and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rains with thunderstorms are likely over Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh & Delhi, Punjab, West Rajasthan, East Madhya Pradesh, Vidharbha, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Tamil Nadu, Puducherry & Karaikal.
Download for weather, science, and COVID-19 updates on the go The weather channel app (in the Android and iOS store). It’s free!