Here is our current weather forecast for India
Nationwide 5-day forecast
In northern India and in the adjacent north-central India, dry weather is expected to prevail from Wednesday. Favorable conditions are expected for the southwest monsoon to begin retreating from some areas of northwest India on Wednesday. Arid regions are expected to gradually spread to East India and central India from Saturday.
Meanwhile, a cyclone will hit Tamil Nadu on Wednesday morning. It is predicted that the circulation will gradually shift to the west. It could move over the coast of Karnataka on Thursday morning and over the coast of Maharashtra this weekend. The cyclonic circulation is likely to result in widespread rainfall and thunderstorms over southern India and Maharashtra during this period. Heavy to very heavy rains are possible on isolated coastal stretches of Karnataka on Wednesday; IMD issues an orange warning.
Another cyclone will hit Sikkim on Wednesday morning. It will bring fairly extensive rainfall and thunderstorms over northeast India on Wednesday and then gradually weaken.
As for mercury levels, the maximum temperatures in the western Himalayan region and northeastern India will be higher than normal. Other areas will have temperatures close to normal during this period. The minimum temperatures during this time will be higher than normal over northern India and slightly higher over southern India.
2-day regional forecast
- Heavy to very heavy rainfall is predicted over isolated areas of the coast of Karnataka.
- Heavy rains can be expected over isolated parts of Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, inland from Karnataka and Kerala.
- Extensive showers and thunderstorms are expected over Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- Expect fairly widespread rainfall and thunderstorms over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Isolated showers and thunderstorms are likely over Sikkim, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh and Telangana.
- Isolated falls with thunderstorms are possible over Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, East Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
- Dry weather and thunderstorms are likely over western Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh and western Rajasthan.
- Heavy rains are likely over isolated regions of Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Widespread rainfall and thunderstorms are expected over Karnataka, Kerala and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Quite widespread showers and thunderstorms are predicted over Maharashtra, Goa, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, and Lakshadweep. Isolated showers and thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Sikkim, Chhattisgarh and Telangana.
- Isolated falls and thunderstorms are possible over West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat.
- Dry weather and thunderstorms are likely over Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Download for weather, science, and COVID-19 updates on the go The weather channel app (in the Android and iOS store). It’s free!