North Texas expects sunny and mild weather today. Afternoon temperatures will hit the 70s today. Winds will pick up from the SE later in the day at a rate of 10 to 20 miles per hour. Cloudiness increases late in the day, especially in the evening. This increase in clouds will be followed by a good chance of rain until early Friday.
Extensive showers and some thunderstorms are expected for much of Friday. Storms are not to be expected. Rain totals could exceed an inch in some places. High temp Friday will only be in the 50s. The wet and chilly weather could continue into Friday evening so plan accordingly.
For the weekend there is a low chance of light rain early Saturday. Otherwise, the weekend looks mostly dry. Saturday will remain cool with a high in the 60’s. Sunday’s high will be in the 70s. Right now, Halloween is looking mild and dry.
– NBC5 meteorologist Grant Johnston
- THURSDAY: Mostly sunny, breezy and comfortable. Altitude: 73. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- THIS EVENING: Mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of rain after midnight. Low: 53. Wind: SE 10-15 mph.
- FRIDAY: Cloudy and cool with a 100% chance of rain. Partly heavy rain possible. Low: 53. High: 59. Wind: NE 10-15 mph.
- SATURDAY: Maybe a morning shower, otherwise cool with clouds giving way to some sun. Low: 51. High: 64. Wind: NW 10-15 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy and comfortable. Low: 49. High: 70. Wind: NW 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny and pleasant for Halloween. Low: 50. High: 74. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly sunny and comfortable. Low: 54. High: 77. Wind: SE 10-20 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Partly cloudy, breezy and warm. Low: 60. High: 77. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- THURSDAY: Mostly cloudy with a 20 percent chance of showers. Low: 63. High: 78. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy, windy and mild with a 30% chance of a shower. Low: 59. High: 75. Wind: S 10-20 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy. Low: 55. High: 71. Wind: N 5-10 mph.