Here is our current weather forecast for India
Nationwide 5-day forecast
A well-marked low pressure area lies over the east-central Arabian Sea on Sunday morning. It brings sporadic to widespread rains with sporadic heavy rains and thunderstorms over southern India and isolated rains and thunderstorms over the coasts of Maharashtra and Goa on Sunday.
The well-marked depression is moving west and could reach the west-central Arabian Sea by Tuesday. The system is likely to approach Somalia and weaken on Wednesday.
Northeast winds from the Bay of Bengal are said to bring more moisture over southern India from Monday. A cyclonic circulation is likely to form over the southeastern Bay of Bengal on Tuesday and move west towards the Indian coast. The circulation can lead to sporadic to extensive rainfalls with occasional heavy rain and thunderstorms over the southern peninsula from Monday.
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) has forecast light to moderate precipitation with a few severe falls over Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and in the next 24 hours over Karnataka for the next five days.
The maximum temperatures during this time are slightly lower or almost average in northern India and slightly higher or average in southern India. The minimum temperatures are above average in South India and almost average in North India over the next five days.
2-day regional forecast
- Heavy rains can be expected over isolated locations in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu.
- Extensive rain and thunderstorms are predicted over Karnataka.
- Expect fairly widespread rainfall and thunderstorms over Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Isolated rainfalls and thunderstorms are expected over Odisha, the coast of Maharashtra, Goa, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and Lakshadweep.
- Occasional rain / snow and thunderstorms are possible over Sikkim.
- Isolated rain and thunderstorms are forecast over Arunachal Pradesh, east of Madhya Pradesh, inland from Maharashtra and Chhattisgarh.
- Heavy rains can be expected over isolated locations in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms are forecast over Karnataka and Kerala.
- Rather widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected over Tamil Nadu and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Occasional rain / snow and thunderstorms can be expected over Sikkim.
- Isolated rainfalls and thunderstorms are likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Lakshadweep.
- Occasional rain and thunderstorms are possible over Assam, Meghalaya, West Bengal, Maharashtra, Goa and Chhattisgarh.
Download for weather, science, and COVID-19 updates on the go The weather channel app (in the Android and iOS store). It’s free!